Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom (that would be ME)!!

Today is my birthday. A big 31. And what do I want to do, what do I want to do? In my family we make a big deal out of birthdays but when it came to mine I didn't want to do much. So Saturday night, I picked up some take-n-bake pizzas and we came home to bake them. While they baked we set up our Christmas tree. Dylan was SO excited that he literally squealed with excitement. I thought he was in pain, no, just excited. When the pizzas were ready we laid out a blanket on the carpet and watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Then we finished decorating the tree. After the kids went to bed I worked on my Christmas scrapbook and Tom played on the computer. Ahhhh, what a perfect evening. So for the big day, what to do? Tom, the kids and I went to South Center and did some shopping. Now normally this might not be such a fun adventure but the kids were fabulous. Dylan was so cute, he would say, well it's your birthday. You could tell a few times he wanted to whine or complain but he toughed it up and kept on shopping. What troopers! When we came home I walked into a CLEAN house! WOW, was I surprised. Every year when Tom asks what I want I say, a clean house, and not cleaned by me. This year Tom enlisted the help of one of my dear friends and that is what I got!! We then put up some outdoor Christmas lights. Dylan was coming outside to play and I asked him to put on his coat, he started to argue but paused and said, "well it's your birthday". We then went out to dinner with Mom and Ray, Kerri and Jason and us and it was perfect. We came home and the kids went to bed without a fuss. Priceless!! What a great 31st birthday!!!!!!

No comments: