Monday, May 3, 2010
2010...You have been rough....
At the stroke of midnight we all have this feeling of refreshment, the start of a new year. It's a good way for us to reflect on the goods and bads of the last year and look forward to the goods of the new year. 2009 was good to us so we looked to 2010 with great expectations. On January 2, those hopes of goods broke! Literally I broke my hand. Funny story really, well not to me but to everyone else it seems. We were having one of our theme dinners (nachos this time). I really wanted to get a group picture and my friend Janai was bending over in a position where I was pulled to slap her on her butt. I couldn't help myself, it was there. So she, lovingly tried to kick me on my butt. I was so quick-like though that I blocked her kick with my hand and crack-no really we all heard it-there went my 4th metacarpal on my right hand. Did I mention it was my RIGHT hand, yes I am right handed. I didn't really think it was broken so we went about the evening. The next morning it was pretty sore and really bruised but it was a Sunday. I kind of wrapped it up and went about the day. Monday morning I went to the Dr, xrays and viola, a spiral fracture. What?! This is the 1st time I have broken a bone. I have had LOTS of injuries and several surgeries but had never broken a bone before. What a pain! In every way you could mean that. 5 Loooooong weeks later I got to take my splint off. BUT, I did get my group picture...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment